Ghana Covid-19 Travel Restrictions
Yes, Ghana has reopened its borders to tourists, but travelers must comply with certain travel requirements to ensure their safety and that of the Ghanaian population. Here are some of the key requirements:
- All travelers to Ghana must have a negative PCR Covid-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours before departure.
- All travelers to Ghana must complete an online Health Declaration Form before their departure. The form will be used for contact tracing and to monitor the health of travelers during their stay in Ghana.
- Travelers may be subjected to Covid-19 testing on arrival in Ghana at their own expense. The cost of the test is $150, and payment must be made online before departure.
- Travelers must wear face masks at all times while in Ghana.
- Travelers must comply with all Covid-19 protocols and guidelines issued by the Ghanaian authorities during their stay in Ghana.
Regarding the Osu Castle, it is a popular historical attraction in Ghana that has played a significant role in Ghana's history. Visitors can explore the castle and learn about its history, including its use as a trading post for slaves. However, it is important to follow all Covid-19 protocols and guidelines while visiting the castle to ensure your safety and that of other visitors.
As of my knowledge cutoff date, unvaccinated travelers entering Ghana are required to present a negative PCR Covid-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours before departure, along with an approved Health Declaration Form. However, it is important to check for any updates or changes to the travel requirements as they may be subject to change based on the evolving situation of Covid-19.
What do you mean by a Health Declaration Form?
A Health Declaration Form is a document that travelers must fill out and submit before arriving in Ghana. This form collects information about the traveler's health status, travel history, and contact information, and is used to track and monitor the health of travelers during their stay in Ghana. The Health Declaration Form is available online, and travelers are required to complete and submit it at least 24 hours before departure.
The purpose of the Health Declaration Form is to help the Ghanaian authorities identify and isolate individuals who may be at risk of spreading Covid-19, and to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent the spread of the virus in the country. It is important to note that the Health Declaration Form is mandatory for all travelers entering Ghana, and failure to submit the form may result in denied entry or other penalties.
Do I need to present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to travel to Ghana?
As of March 2023, there is no requirement for travelers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter Ghana. However, if you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to present a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test certificate issued within 48 hours prior to your travel. It is important to stay informed about any changes or updates related to COVID-19 regulations before traveling to Ghana, as these requirements can change rapidly.
What are other Ghana travel requirements during Covid-19?
If you're an unvaccinated visitor traveling to a destination that requires a Health Declaration Form, it's essential to provide a negative report for the Covid-19 PCR test. This test must be taken within 72 hours of your travel date, and wearing a face mask during the flight is mandatory.
Moreover, unvaccinated travelers and those arriving from China must take a negative PCR test within 48 hours before their arrival. Additionally, upon arrival, unvaccinated travelers will undergo a Covid-19 test.
It's worth noting that fully vaccinated travelers and those under 18 are exempted from Covid-19 testing requirements. However, always ensure to stay updated on any changes in the travel requirements before embarking on your journey.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Ghana?
Vaccinated travelers are not required to undergo quarantine upon arrival or during their travels within Ghana. However, unvaccinated travelers and individuals who test positive for Covid-19 upon arrival must complete a mandatory quarantine period lasting 7 days at a designated government health facility location. It's important to note that quarantine policies are subject to change, and it's recommended to confirm the latest requirements with the Ghanaian government or airline before embarking on any travel plans
How can I apply for a Health Declaration Form?
To obtain a Health Declaration Form, the application process is designed to be simple and convenient, taking into account your busy schedule. The procedure can be completed in three easy steps:
Step 1: Visit our website to access the application form and provide the necessary information.
Step 2: Carefully review all the details provided in the application form before submitting it to avoid any errors.
Step 3: Upload all required documents, pay the processing fee, and submit the form.
The application process typically takes around 20 minutes to complete. Our team will then process your application and notify you of the outcome. If you have any queries or concerns about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Do I need to submit some documents for the application for a Health Declaration Form?
We understand that obtaining travel documents can be a hassle, which is why we strive to make the process as straightforward as possible. To apply for a Health Declaration Form, we only require a few essential documents, including:
- A valid passport and its scanned copy.
- A valid email address for communication and updates.
- A mode of payment, such as a credit/debit card, to cover the processing fee.
We recognize that travelers have varying needs and requirements, and we aim to provide a streamlined process that minimizes the stress and hassle involved in obtaining a Health Declaration Form. If you have any questions about the required documents or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As of March 2023, Ghana has implemented the following travel restrictions due to Covid-19:
- All travelers to Ghana must present a negative Covid-19 PCR test result taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Travelers from countries with a high Covid-19 risk, as determined by the Ghanaian government, are required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival at a designated hotel at their own expense.
- All travelers must complete an online health declaration form before departure.
- All land borders remain closed to foreign travelers, except for cargo and essential services.
- Domestic flights are operating, but with limited capacity and adherence to Covid-19 protocols.
- Travelers are advised to regularly check for updates and comply with all Covid-19 protocols while in Ghana, including wearing face masks in public, maintaining social distancing, and practicing good hand hygiene.
However, citizens and foreign nationals in Ghana who are not fully vaccinated will be required to present a negative PCR test result taken within 48 hours before arrival into the country.